Welcome to Little Portrait Paintings, my website and blog of 6″ x 6″ portrait oil paintings. I am a Canadian portrait & nature artist (www.ChristineMontague.com ) who loves to paint, whether portraiture, canoes or polar bears, in larger scale in oils. When a visitor to my studio commissioned me to paint a 6″ x 6″ pet cat portrait from a photograph as a surprise gift for a loved one, I was the one pleasantly surprised at what a treasure the finished little portrait painting was. The client was thrilled (in fact a bit teary) with this feline portrait and so was the person she thoughtfully gifted it to.
And so, Little Portrait Paintings began – a unique way to acquire original fine art portraiture, or give a one-of-a-kind gift, at a wonderful value. Each portrait oil painting is instantly a cherished family heirloom. These fine art portraits are small enough to fit on any wall, sit on a shelf or a table side easel, yet big enough to speak to your heart.
Portraits as a gift? Interestingly, almost every little portrait I have painted, was commissioned with great love, as a very special gift, to surprise and delight a loved one. Given as Christmas presents, wedding and anniversary gifts and birthday presents, I am told they have been joyously received.
Here are some Little Portrait Paintings ideas –
- milestone birthdays: A baby’s 1st birthday, 5th birthday, the first double digit birthday – 10 years old, 13th birthday, 16 th birthday, 18th birthday, 19th birthday, 21st birthday
- christening gift
- graduation gift
- or memories of when they were young
- celebrate a wedding, anniversary or special birthday
- loving tribute and memory
- celebrate how cute they are as a kitten or puppy
- remember and honour a beloved pet